Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 Has Arrived

Yes, I realize this happened 10 days ago, but I have not posted anything since December 21. Lots of holidays, family in town, getting ramped back up for the new year have kept me pretty silent. There are always ideas to noodle on, but sometimes it's hard to just decide which one to write about. So, I decided to write about not deciding what to write about. I'll list a few things that caught my attention over the last couple of weeks and maybe one of them will grow into a longer post.
  • Today I participated in a very insightful discussion about Metaphysics. Topic was the relationship between the metaphysical and the physical world mediated by consciousness. Great stuff.
  • "Up in the Air" with George Clooney was an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours. If it wasn't for theatrical effect, the Clooney "girlfriend" should have been more upfront with him about her marriage situation. Just a thought.
  • At work we started off the year with a bang. Two new hires started recently and we have a product release planned for March. Should be fun!
  • Lots of family in town for the Cotton Bowl. I did not have a ticket so I watched it in HD at home while providing moral support to the chefs in the kitchen who produced a remarkable meal of beef slices, cheesy mashed potatoes, salad and shrimp cocktail.
  • My Apple TV is working great! All my iPod music and all the photos on my laptop have been synced.
  • Invictus was a great movie. Moved a little slow, but the context was very interesting. Sherlock Holmes was great but I had crappy seats.
  • Enjoyed my daughter visiting for a few days. We got caught in the snow storm Christmas Eve, but made it home before most of the slipping and sliding in Dallas started.

I just remembered that I need to go review a bunch of scanned photos online and make some decisions about which ones to keep. Later...

No comments: