Monday, October 3, 2011

Saturday Night Live

I am surprised by the number of SNL fans I have run across lately. I lost interest during one of the "dry periods" ages ago where it just did not seem funny to me beyond occasional flashes of brilliance. Other than the original cast, my interest was piqued by Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman etc., but many of the skits seemed forced and gratuitious.

I caught a few episodes this past weekend on Hulu since a friend came over and started talking about some of them. The clips we watched were hilarious for the most part, but not enough to make me want to start watching the show on any kind of regular basis.

I prefer the comedy style of Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell. SNL has the tendency to repeat a joke over and over long past the truly funny moment.

No comments: