Monday, March 22, 2010

XM Radio Jazz Obsession

A few weeks ago I wrote that I had carefully picked out 6 music stations for my XM Radio presets. My idea was to have a wide variety of music to choose from as I sail up and down the Dallas Tollway to and from work every day. I did this for a couple of weeks and I really do like all the stations I chose.

I have to admit to a jazz addiction. It's very hard for me to choose something other than the Jazz Standards station on XM Radio. It is an excellent modern straight-ahead mix of great music all day and night long. Nothing matches the mixture of intellect, intuition and emotion that jazz brings to the musical table.

No matter how much I have played, arranged and listened over the years, there are always many more artists and stylistic nuances to experience. Mixing the new artists and tracks with an occasional track of some old favorite that I have spent hours listening to in my life makes it almost impossible to move away from the station.

I know at some point I'll get unstuck. But for now, it gets me inspired and ready for the day.

No comments: