Sunday, October 12, 2008

Using Google Services

This weekend I started moving my iLife to Google services. I have been in the backwater of technology for too long and have just recently discovered the plethora of things to play with in GoogleLand. Right now, I am like a kid in a candy store, trying to absorb everything that is available. After a short time of using gmail, docs, calendar, reading up on API capabilities and doing my first mash-up, I am impressed enough to start moving anything that makes sense to the platform. This is my first blog using blogger. I have a blog on another site that I will likely move to this one.

Since I am late to the party on this one, I am sure there is some nascent site or web platform that is cooler than Google. However, this will keep me busy for a while. I am fascinated with the Web 2.x to 3.x platform capabilities and Google seems to do an excellent job of enabling everyone to contribute to this effort. My goal is to have everything I do related to computing live in the cloud.

No comments: